Many homeowners don’t think about their heating systems until there’s a problem. By this point, you may need costly repairs or even full system replacement—issues that could have been avoided with proper preventative maintenance.
Some of the benefits of a boiler tune-up service include:
- Early detection of minor issues, such as the presence of water, can prevent the need for future repairs or complete system breakdowns.
- Checking the heating elements of a boiler can ensure that they are working properly and efficiently throughout the cold season.
- Technicians can look for potential safety hazards, including obstructions in the gas line, carbon monoxide risks, or corrosion, and address them early on.
- The efficiency of your system can be improved by detecting and fixing issues that may be causing your boiler to work at less-than-optimal efficiency levels.
- Regular maintenance can help to increase the overall lifespan of your boiler, saving you money on system replacement.
The best time to schedule your routine boiler tune-up service will, of course, depend on your unique schedule and budget needs. However, we typically recommend that homeowners have their boilers inspected at least once a year, ideally in late summer or fall. This allows us to identify and resolve any issues with your boiler before you really need it.